- Jazz Orchestra - Doug Leibinger (MUS 390) - W 6:00-8:40 PM
- Women's Jazz Ensemble (MUS 390) - TBA
- Jazz Combo - Ian Carey (MUS 391) Mon 1:00-3:40 PM
- Latin Band - Kendrick Freeman (MUS 379) Thu 1:00-3:40 PM
Placement in all jazz ensembles is through audition.
Jazz ensembles are open to all students, regardless of major.
All jazz majors must audition for a jazz ensemble.
- Download your audition etude (Scroll to the page for your instrument)
- This etude is written over an F blues. Prepare the etude and improvised choruses with the Youtube play-along
- Bring a play-along with a tune of your choice to improvise on (optional for jazz orchestra). We will also sight-read.
- Be ready to play various styles - i.e. swing, bossa, samba, afro, salsa, jazz waltz, etc.
- Please bring two contrasting tunes to sing w/play-along if possible (you may also use an accompanist.)