All applicants auditioning for the SSU music department will be considered for a music scholarship during the November and February audition dates.
Current ssu music students can audition for a scholarship on the November audition date. Visit Audition Instructions to complete the audition application form and upload two letters of recommendation.
The Evert B. Person Endowment Fund
Thanks to the generosity of the late Evert B. Person — Sonoma County's foremost philanthropist and former publisher of The Press Democrat — the Departments of Music, Theatre Arts & Dance at Sonoma State are able to offer generous scholarship assistance to many students. The Person Scholarships are awarded on the basis of talent and potential to students who audition successfully and who are majoring in either Theatre Arts & Dance or Music. In addition to scholarships, the Person Fund allows us to support our students by bringing to SSU a variety of guest artists: master teachers, individual performers and performing groups, professional designers for productions. We also use funds from the Person Endowment to augment regular faculty with resident guest artists who work with students for a semester or more.
- James Abriel Memorial Scholarship Endowment
- Dr. Carol Channing & Harry Kullijian Scholarship
- John and Peggy Donovan-Jeffry Scholarship
- Mel Graves Scholarship Fund
- Demetrio and Theresa Jeffry Scholarship
- Vesta Jelte Scholarship
- Jeff Langley Honorary Scholarship Endowment Fund
- Bettina Vegara Lieber and Dr. Paul Lieber Violin Scholarship Endowment
- Tamara Loring Scholarship
- Arthur Carl Mammen Memorial Scholarship
- Carolyn Lewis Memorial Scholarship
- Lalmani Misra Memorial Scholarship
- Marvin Olson Memorial Endowment
- Evert B. Person Endowment Fund
- P. Kathleen Roth Endowed Scholarship Fund
- Roxy Roth Scholarship Fund
- Ezra G. Rust Scholarship for Musical Talent
- Larry A. and Zilpha K. Snyder Memorial Scholarship
- Stephen Sorenson Memorial Scholarship
- Pierce and Marie Thompson Memorial Piano Scholarship
- Vadasz Family Foundation Endowed Music Fund
- World of Carpets Scholarship
Music Scholarships are evaluated and renewed annually. Conditions of scholarship acceptance and continuance include:
- a residency requirement (enrolled on campus)
- a minimum music course load (6 units/semester)
- active participation in a minimum of two assigned ensembles
- a minimum 3.0 GPA with no grade lower than a C in any music course
- attendance the Arts & Humanities Scholarship Award Ceremony
Contact the Music Department Office at 707-664-2324.